Wednesday 29 May 2013

Welcome to Get Out Moor!


Stone Circle nr Hound Tor, Dartmoor
Welcome and thank you for visiting my new blog. After months of deliberation [mostly procrastination!] I have, finally,  sat down long enough to find out how to start a blog and more crucially, decide on a name. 

So, what will my new blog be about? Getting out Moor of course! In this case Dartmoor, the Bere Peninsula and surrounding areas. Dartmoor is 365 sq/mile of stunning wilderness in the South West of England. There are only a few things in life I enjoy more than getting out on Dartmoor either running, walking or cycling. On my own, with my wife, with Georgie the greyhound or with friends. 


Dartmoor Classic Sportive- 100mile [2009]
Exercise of any kind, whether a really punishing run or a gentle stroll, is thirsty work - so local pubs, which serve great Beer and Ale will also feature prominently. 
Proper Job! Garden of Mary Tavy Inn 

There will also be cake!


I hope you will stay with me and be inspired to Get out Moor!

No comments:

Post a Comment